JABDIP - Just Another Beautiful Day In Paradise

Stuff about life

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hog and body maintenance

Took my Harley in for service today. Had the 10k service done. Hard to believe I've ridden that many miles in the year I've had it. Wonder how many miles I'd put on it if I lived someplace other than the soggy Pacific Northwest?

Anyway, the shop has an area set aside as a customer lounge with TV, Wi-Fi and other assorted distractions. Since it wasn't actively raining, I took the opportunity to put some miles on my boots and wandered off. Now granted, this wasn't exactly a workout, but the point I'm trying to make is that opportunities for exercise exist all around if we'd simply pay attention and take advantage of them.

Do you cruise around the mall parking lot looking for a spot close to the door? Doing so not only increases the chance of door dings it typically makes it harder to get out of the parking lot. And, you miss the opportunity to get a little additional exercise walking. How could the short distance difference matter, you ask? A single instance wouldn't matter but consistently parking further away from the entrance has a cumulative effect. It's the same thing with your diet. Is one dish of ice cream going to add poundage to your person? Not really. But a dish every night for a month sure will.

Make it a point to move your body every day. Look for opportunities to add movement to your day. Do that each and every day for a year. Keep track in a log if that helps. Next Christmas you'll look and feel like a whole different person.

Check out some of the links on the right like Body by God, Matt Furey and Dr. Mercola for more info.

Oh, and the Hog is purring nicely. Or should I say, thundering nicely?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home